MES Engineering Department is divided in five principal areas, with the aim and purpose to satisfy and fulfill all aspects connected with the development of a MES Projects, Customers requirements and support of systems through all operative life.
- System Engineering: It’s the area responsible for sharing operative requirements with the customer during the contract acquisition phase. It identifies the composition of the System and defines all requirements in order to detail system sub-units. It covers all development phases, starting from requirements up to qualification.
- Mechanical Engineering: It’s the area that takes care of the whole mechanical design. It realizes completely the structural and mechanical project, respecting and abiding by current regulations (MIL-STD and RTCA), it performs structural analysis (FEA), it coordinates environmental qualifications and releases construction drawings and all the technical mechanical documentation needed for the realization of the project. Used tool: Solidworks, Creo, Inventor, AutoCAD.
- Electronic Engineering: It’s the area responsible for designing electronic modules (analog and digital) and controller for servo-actuated mechanism. It performs Make or Buy analysis for electronic components, it divides functions among different electronic modules, it realizes completely all phases of an electronic project and PCB routing, it takes care of assembly phase and performance verification of the product performances in lab. It releases operative drawings and all the technical electronic documentation needed for the realization of the project. Used tool: Altium Designer, Modelsim, Pspice.
- Software Engineering: It’s the area that takes care of the completion of all software (CSCI) embedded in MES Project. From functional analysis, tracking down all requirements, all algorithms of execution and control are coded and implemented. Development and qualification follow the MIL-STD-498B reference standard. Programming languages: C, C++.
- Logistic Engineering: It’s the area that, performing analysis of Reliability, Maintainability, Testability and Safety, supports all design activities from the very beginning. It covers also Integrated Logistic.